Home of Hill Air Force Base's World of Warcraft Guild

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

GUILD VENT IS UP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Starhoof

PostSubject: GUILD VENT IS UP   Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:12 am

Ok gang I got a vent up and running on my laptop, I really want to see if anyone other than me and Thegeneral are going to use it before it will be up anytime of the day, since i do turn my laptop off, but if enough people be usin it, i will leave it on for infinity =)

Vent info

elunesvent.hopto.org -hostname
3784 - port

there is no password.... hope you guys like it, i got this idea after being on ingame chat for 2 minutes =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: GUILD VENT IS UP   Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:37 pm

I havent used Vent in awhile so I may need help setting it up. I downloaded it and tried but i dont know if you have to have it available for me to login. Let me know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/inez.douglas.freeman
TaintedLove

PostSubject: Re: GUILD VENT IS UP   Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:50 pm

I strongly dislike Vent. There are always random times people get disconnected, or that it freezes up computers. I've never had an issue with in game chat.

I just don't see why one person should decide that we have to switch. If Vent is what the majority of the guild decides to use, I guess I'll have to use it as well. Oh well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reighven
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GUILD VENT IS UP   Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:20 pm

I think the Vent server is a good thing to have as a back-up. Right now, everybody is set up and familiar with the in-game voice feature, and it seems to be working well for our purposes. However, since the vent product is a free download, I would suggest that folks do download it and get familiar with it should in-game voice become a problem.

Starhoof. In the interest of not having to run your computer 24/7, I would suggest running the vent server in the evenings on the weekend so that folks have an opportunity to try it out.

Last edited by Reighven on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/stephen.m.white?ref=name
Starhoof

PostSubject: Re: GUILD VENT IS UP   Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 pm

TaintedLove wrote:

I strongly dislike Vent. There are always random times people get disconnected, or that it freezes up computers. I've never had an issue with in game chat.

I just don't see why one person should decide that we have to switch. If Vent is what the majority of the guild decides to use, I guess I'll have to use it as well. Oh well.

well, no one really decided, i just got it up last night, and using it is up to you, I'm just posting that you can log in vent if you want.

Some people just prefer it over voice chat in wow because of better sound quality, and I really havent had any trouble with it for about 4 years that i've been using it. In my opinion in game voice is just horrible, but thats just me, and who am I ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUILD VENT IS UP   

Back to top Go down

GUILD VENT IS UP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hill AFB Warcraft Guild :: Victis Honor :: General Guild Chat-
Jump to: