Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reighven
Admin

PostSubject: World of Warcraft Cataclysm announced!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:40 pm

So far the highlights are:

New races: Worgens and Goblins
New race/class combinations
Several zones are being re-shaped due to the cataclysmic event. ie the Barrens will be split into two zones. I'm also hearing reports of lava flows in the Barrens.
Oh yes, and flying in the old world!
New level cap at 85.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/08/blizzcon-2009-world-of-warcraft-cataclysm/
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/stephen.m.white?ref=name
Reighven
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft Cataclysm announced!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:28 pm

More info stolen from another site:

The Cataclysm hit Kezan very hard, these Goblins were driven out and shipwrecked off to the Lost Isles. South of Azshara, north of Durotar, off the coast.

World is going to be darker, making the heroism and brotherhood more meaningful, like Warcraft should be.

Level cap going to 85, not 90. "Why?" Key decision made for Cataclysm, wanting to focus energy in the right places. Redoing 1-60, wanting to bring more endgame content than ever before.

Seven new zones, in addition to all of the zones they're redoing for level up content.

Classic world revamp of every zone with updated quests, art and items. Going through the old world with a new character will be a new experience. No more Agility/Spirit boot quest rewards.

Path of the Titans is a new way to customize your character. The 51 point talents now will be the 51 point talents in the expansion, so this is the new progression for Cataclysm. 5 new talent points, no new talents.

Planned to have 20 guild levels. Everyone can contribute to advancing it. Raids, dailies, BGs, etc will all contribute to advancing the guild.

All zones will be revamped to some degree. Some just a little bit. Some a lot.

You will be able to fly anywhere you want in Azeroth.
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft Cataclysm announced!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:45 pm

More pilfered info:

Southshore has been lost to the Horde. "Nobody was defending it."

Details on the Barrens. Before and After shot. The Cataclysm literally rips it in two.

Azshara will be the new Goblin zone. The Goblins have carved out Azshara's mountains to build their town. It's really ugly.

Undercity has been reconstructed for flyers. The new city is beautiful. Stormwind has also been revamped. No more illusions, actual castles.

Vashj'ir and Mount Hyjal are the level up zones for 80s, both dump into Deepholme and branches again from there. Quests will send you where you gotta go.

Deepholm has a subterranean environment. Cave-like, but the largest zone of Cataclysm. Centerpiece of the expansion, leads into all the new zones. You will learn a lot about Deathwing's plot here. It'll also be quick form of travel, instantly move between the new zones via Deepholm.

Our defeat of Ragnaros drove his spirit back into the Plane of Fire. The Cataclysm created an opening. Ragnaros has come through it, and with his army they want to burn down the world tree.

Malfurion is back, awoken from the Emerald Dream. The Druids in the barrow dens beneath Hyjal are fighting Ragnaros. "Ragnaros is pissed, but Malfurion is pissed, too!" -Metzen
Back to top Go down
gashousegang

PostSubject: expansion III   Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:43 am

i cant wait to fly in azeroth and finish up all those things i was too lazy to do the first time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft Cataclysm announced!   Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Its going to be a trip!!! I doubt I will try the new goblin/worgen thing however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/inez.douglas.freeman
TaintedLove

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft Cataclysm announced!   Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:53 am

I can't wait to make a female Worgen Priest Very Happy

All in all, I'm super excited about everything announced with Cataclysm. We were watching it on DirecTv, and it just kept getting better & better. I'm super SUPER excited for the changes coming to Warlocks though, as my main is a lvl 80 Human Warlock!

The flying everywhere thing is great too, and I think it's awesome that there will be heroic Deadmines; one of the biggest jokes in WoW becomes a reality Laughing

And yay for the baby Onyxia type pet for the WoW 5th Anniversary this year!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft Cataclysm announced!   

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft Cataclysm announced!
Page 1 of 1